Tai Chi and Travel stories

Personal stories about both learning and teaching Tai chi. It is about walking the path of self-development and finding my position in social and professional life. I have been travelling and living in many countries, speak 7 languages fluently. With the view from a cosmopolitan perspective, I have included my personal experiences in each culture.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Tai Chi Or Karate?


After Tai Chi class, we compare martial arts applications between Tai Chi and Karate. We like to learn from each other and compare the differences. Tai Chi form starts slow and becomes fast at an advanced stage, karate katas the other way around.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 2:59 PM, Blogger Stephen Irwin said…

    Hi,

    I spotted your blog link on the Shikon forum. Nice site and some interesting posts :)

    Regards
    Stephen
    http://totalkarate.blogspot.com

     
  • At 10:20 PM, Blogger Travel and Tai Chi stories said…

    Thank you. I like to learn from karate too. We try out many applications. But I always come back to the conclusion it is the skill practitioner and not the art that wins.

     
  • At 1:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi taichi. Congratulations on your blog. I can spot you in the photo but is your daughter the tall one beside yourself? I am not into taichi myself, past it. But I am interested in your thoughts in connection with this ancient Oriental philosophy of "taichi". Keep it coming. I will visit your blog from time to time.
    elle

     

Post a Comment

<< Home