Tai Chi and Travel stories

Personal stories about both learning and teaching Tai chi. It is about walking the path of self-development and finding my position in social and professional life. I have been travelling and living in many countries, speak 7 languages fluently. With the view from a cosmopolitan perspective, I have included my personal experiences in each culture.

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Playing the form

It is nearly impossible to play a form exactly like another person. We are all made up of different material and within ourselves, our body cells constantly renew and decompose. The principles are all the same: focused, relaxed, rooting, balanced, centered. A good posture and alignment apart from the appropriate martial applications. The movements needs to be in accordance with the intention of the creator of the style and form.

I have already experienced myself that every time my form feels different, the energy flows differently and the intention varies from moment to moment.

There are times that I play extremely slow to be able to experience the inner awarenes of my body and mind more intensely. Some other time I reduce the time to 7 minutes only while I can still feel the inner energy spiralling from inside. When I have just been working with GM Chenxiaowang or his son YIngjun I feel their energy being magically being transferred to me. A feeling I cannot just share with words; it is a sensation of being submerged into their power.

I still feel that my postures like Dragon on the Ground, Falling Lotus, Lotus kicks, Double Jump Kick needs some improvement. My teacher Jan correct Que Di Long more as sitting into the right leg. Indeed I could feel the difference between substantial and insubstantial a lot more.At least I try to maintain rooting and balance, acting from inside the center all the time. After my positional vertigo last year, I have developed some avoidance behaviour while executing slap kicks. Now that I hardly experience the vertigo, it is becoming better but sometimes I have to start all over again.........

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home